Blogs » Topic
HUMAN IMMUNODEFICIENCY VIRUS (HIV) COMPRHENSIVE DIAGNOSIS
Biognosys Technologies India Pvt Ltd
HUMAN IMMUNODEFICIENCY VIRUS (HIV)
- HIV attacks the body’s immune system. If HIV is not treated, it can lead to AIDS (acquired immunodeficiency syndrome).
- There is no complete cure. Once infected, the person will be HIV POSITIVE for life.
- With proper medical care, HIV can be controlled and managed.
- People with HIV who get effective HIV treatment can live long, healthy lives and protect their partners.
- Fever, Sore throat, Night sweats, Mouth ulcers, swollen lymph nodes, Chills, Fatigue, Rash, Muscle aches etc.
STAGES OF HIV
- WINDOW PERIOD – Time between exposure to HIV virus and manifestation of immune response by way producing HIV antibodies (sero conversion)
- ACUTE INFECTION – Large amount of HIV in their blood and are very contagious.
- CHRONIC INFECTION – Body contains active HIV virus but symptoms are not conspicuous. The affected persons can transmit the virus to others
- AIDS – Acquired Immunodeficiency Disease – If infected person left untreated, leads to critical stage of infection with drastic down fall of immune system. They can easily get other infections (immunocompromised)
DIAGNOSIS OF HIV
Offering comprehensive HIV testing at different stages of HIV infection. With proper diagnostics and timely ART treatment, HIV infected persons can lead normal life.